Home > APIs > AppServer API > Windows 7 Issues
Windows 7 Issues:
This page addresses known developer issues when attempting to execute custom applications with Grass Valley dlls'.
- Unblocking files - Error seen: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security.
- Executing Visual Studio as the Administrator not the user Administrator.
- Executing code on a Networked Share does not work.
- Since Windows Vista and it's added Security features, files or zip files copied into the system are executed by the Operating System with reduced privilages. This can be turned off by,
- Navigate to the zip or files in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on the zip or each file.
- Looking at the General Tab near the bottom is a message stating “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.”
- Click the Unblock button.
- Click the OK button.
- Set Visual studio to always run as the Administrator
- Select the shortcut…and Right-click Properties.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Place a check on “Run as Administrator” option.
- Execute your application locally and not on Network Shares. So far attempts at using caspool fails to set the necessary trust level for the share.